Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jorji Explains

So we arrived here in Ho Chi Min City at 2.30 pm after crossing the border in a coach. The trip took us 6 1/2 hours from Phnom Penh.
There is an amazingly vast difference between Cambodia and Vietnam, Vietnam is so much further developed - It's crazy!
The whole city seems to always be in a rush, streets are crowded and shopkeepers are selling you their wares at every turn.
It's scary when you make an attempt to cross the main roads, even at the pedestrian crossings, so much so that as soon as I got to the other side I patted myself down and yelled, "I'm alive!"
We've had the afternoon off to explore and it's an experience in itself trying to make your way around without getting lost, although I have to admit that Sue and I did walk a bit far and had to get a taxi back to the hotel.
I miss Cambodia but I think once I get used to it, Ho Chi Min City will begin to appeal to me.

That's all for now,
We'll keep you posted!
- Jorji

No comments: